Last updated: February 2019
HEVC Advance, LLC
100 Cambridge Street, Suite 21400
Boston, MA 02114
This Site is directed towards patent professionals only. It is not directed towards the general public or consumers.
Use of Personal Data.
HEVC Advance GDPR Policy can be found here: (Policy still being drafted)
Request for License.
HEVC Advance Intellectual Property.
HEVC Advance Trademarks.
HEVC Advance is the owner or Licensee of certain trademarks, service marks and logos (registered and unregistered) (the “HEVC Advance Trademarks”). Other company, product, and service names and logos used and displayed on this Site may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to HEVC Advance. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the HEVC Advance Trademarks displayed on this Site without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of the HEVC Advance Trademarks will inure to our benefit.
By accessing and/or using the Site, you hereby agree that:
- You will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, or promotes extreme violence or cruelty to animals, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; and
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Site through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, or files related to the Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means.
By submitting any unsolicited information and materials, including comments, ideas, questions, designs, and other similar communications (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”) to us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should not provide any Unsolicited Information. All Unsolicited Information will be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY. We, or any of our affiliates, subsidiaries, shareholders, or its or their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents, managers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers or representatives (collectively, the “HEVC Advance Parties”) may use such Unsolicited Information for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and further posting. Further, any of the HEVC Advance Parties are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any Unsolicited Information you send to us for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products. By submitting any Unsolicited Information, you are granting us a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer and sell such Unsolicited Information and to use your name and other identifying information in connection with such Unsolicited Information.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE HEVC ADVANCE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, ALL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NONE OF THE HEVC ADVANCE PARTIES WARRANT THAT THE SITE, THE HEVC ADVANCE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, ALL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. NONE OF THE HEVC ADVANCE PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE.
Compliance with Applicable Laws.
The Site and the content, functions, or materials made available to you through the Site are intended to comply with the laws and regulations of the United States of America, and though accessible to users outside of the United States, are intended to be used only by residents of the United States that are age 13 years or older. We make no claims concerning whether the Site, or any content, functions, or materials made available to you through the Site may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Site, or any content, functions, or materials made available to you through the Site from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
If you believe this Site contains any content that infringes your copyright, please contact our Copyright Agent, as detailed below, with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or duly authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
To contact our Copyright Agent by regular mail, please write to:
HEVC Advance LLC
100 Cambridge Street, Suite 21400
Boston, MA 02114
To contact our Copyright Agent by email, please write to email@example.com, with COPYRIGHT NOTICE in the subject line.
You agree that any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the Dispute between us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (i) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
Questions or comments regarding this Site, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.